Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving post a little late

I have been meaning to write a blog about my reflections and feelings during this season in my life. For one reason or another, I am just now getting to sit down and write.
So much is happening in the Baumann house. We are moving to Ohio for a tremendous job opportunity for Mike- I am so proud of my husband. I have had a few months to let this news penetrate my heart and fill me with emotions from complete sadness and anger to joy and excitement. Right now, I feel like so much is going on, my body is in shock and maybe that's God's way of mercifully allowing me to let go.
There were many times that I wanted to sit down to this blog and write a sad, pity party note about how unfair this was. How it completely caught me off guard and how it was not part of my plan for the coming year. But instead, I stayed silent, crying out to God (and Mike) and leaning on Him for comfort. I trusted that he knew the plan better than I did and that even though I didn't understand, I would trust.
Then last week, as I was reading through other people's Thanksgiving posts, one reminded me that of course things in this life are not always going to be easy or go our way, but we still need to find things to be thankful for. And as I looked around, I was over come with gratitude.
  • I am so thankful that God brought us to Raleigh. As scary and unknown as it all was, the last three years have been the biggest blessing in my life.
  • I am thankful for my wonderful friends. The people I have shared life with, cried with, rejoiced with, and know me more than anyone ever has. These people have pointed me to Jesus and I will forever be grateful for their generosity and acceptance.
  • I am thankful for all my wonderful senior friends. They have loved me like family and have taught me so much about myself, my abilities and who I can become. They have celebrated some of life's biggest joys and I feel honored to know them and their stories.
  • I am thankful for our home. As I pack things up, I am reminded by the different disposable napkins and party decorations of all the fun we have had here. We gave our home to God, and prayed over it's very foundation, that God would use it for his glory. It is evident to me that it became a shelter for more than just me and a beautiful place to have so many treasured memories.
  • I am thankful for Visio Dei church. This was the place we instantly knew God was. And we have become something beautiful through their ministry to us. They taught us that church was more than four walls that held potlucks. They taught us to take God to the hurting and to give greatly. I am forever changed by their call to serve Christ.
  • I am thankful for all of God's beautiful landscape that I got to witness being in Raleigh. We took so many trips to the ocean, Washington, Florida, the mountains. It was such a special time for Mike and I to experience new things together.
  • I am thankful for my husband. This bullet could really get a post by itself, but I owe him so much. I am so proud of the husband, provider, friend and lover that he is to me. I couldn't have done any of this without him by my side.
  • I am thankful for a Savior that has completely rattled my core. I have experienced God. I have felt him walk daily with me and have seen him answer prayers and perform miracles. I am in awe of who he is and I pray that he can still use my mustard seed faith to move mountains.
Thank you for sharing in this journey with me. Thank you for taking the time to care about my heart and for protecting it with kind words and encouragement.

I have learned that if I take Amanda out of the way, I can make much of His name.
I pray that God be glorified in every mile and every breath that I take.

No comments: