1) I feel so thankful for having excess. I am increasingly reminded that many people do not have enough even for the basics and I can go out a Christmas shop and buy a car all in one week.
2) I am thankful for the doors that have opened. It was obvious that God's hand moved us to Ohio. In a lot of ways, I fought this fact and tried to reason why we shouldn't go. I struggled the first few days of our new reality and constantly questioned God's love for me. Through all of that, he surrounded me with friends and family who filled my voids with encouragement.
3) I am thankful for our new car. It was actually a pretty easy buy and I am grateful to not have spent tons of time searching for the right one. This car has everything and more on Mike's wish list and I can feel good knowing it is a safe reliable vehicle for him and our family.
4) I am thankful for my parents. Their hospitality points me to Jesus. They have opened up their home to us and have cared for us so humbly. Letting me cry, sleep, complain, laugh and just be myself. It is such a sacrifice having someone live in your home, thanks just isn't enough.
5) I am thankful for the quite time. It doesn't happen very often, but when everyone is at work and it's just me and Lucy, I have some really great reflecting time. I have learned more about God's love and provision in my life and I have been able to talk with him about my struggles and questions. I feel his gentle spirit and his patience as I try to understand his will for my life.
6) I am thankful for my family. Their excitement and constant need to be together is something I have missed. I forgot what it was like to have a calendar full of events to go to without planning a single one. The kids make everything so fun, complimenting me on how "cool" my clothes are and how fun Uncle Mike is. It refreshes your soul!
7) I am thankful for this Christmas. I feel like now, more than ever, do I really understand the story of this baby. I feel Mary's conflict and pain as she watched her son save the world. The story is a miracle, he started human, as a baby. I want to always remember to live like the Wise Men, always seeking Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment