INTENTIONAL
Another blogger I follow picked this word and I just thought it was exactly that kind of year I want to have.
- I want to be an intentional follower of Christ. I don't want to pretend like His love and grace hasn't transformed my life. I want people to know about His goodness and mercy. I want them to know why I live differently and love it!
- I want to be an intentional wife. I don't want to take for granted the love I have for my husband. We have been married for 4 years, and I love him more every day. But I don't want to forget to honor him with my actions and serve him in love. I have a tendency to serve myself first and I want to pay more attention to meeting his needs first.
- I want to be an intentional friend. After leaving my whole support system in Raleigh, I feel that this is so crucial in sustaining and growing these friendships from afar. I want to still feel apart of their lives and I want them to share in this new experience of motherhood with me.
- I want to be intentional with my family. This is a lot easier now that we live in the same county, but life can still get busy and months can go by without a good conversation or meal together. I want to really know and learn about my family.
- I want to be an intentional mom. Even while my baby is still protected in the womb, I want to be intentional about learning what to expect after July and how to be a great mom. I want to provide a home where they feel loved and empowered to thrive. I want them to know that their life brings us hope and fills a void we never knew we had. I want them to know that we have been praying for them and that they are a miracle for God.
- I want to be an intentional homemaker. Sometimes I can over look the importance for this role in my life. But I want to be a source of relief for my family and I want to create a home that brings them not only shelter but comfort. I want our friends and family to feel our hospitality and love as they step through the door. I want to honor the things that God has given us and care for them with thanksgiving!
I am really excited about this theme word. It is going to be an excellent year!!
What would be your word this year?
No comments:
Post a Comment