Friday, August 27, 2010

Frugal Friday- it's getting hot in here?


After a sky rocketing electric bill, we decided to cut our energy costs by purchasing a programmable thermostat. After a quick trip to Lowe's, $30 and a wonderful, handy husband, we were in business. We set it for 73 at night (we like it cool), and 78 during the day. At 5pm it gradually starts to get cooler until 9pm, when it hits 73. I think this gradual decline in temperature helps, so I would recommend one that can be set for more than one option during the day. The one we got can be set for each day as well, although we keep it the same for all 7 days of the week.
Our next electric bill went down by $50!! We didn't do anything different and the temperature outside was still blistering hot! I was so excited!! It paid for it's self in one month.
A frugal way to keep your bills down without a lot of sacrifice!
See more frugal finds here.

No comments: