Wednesday, May 27, 2009

For I know the plans I have for you...

declares the Lord.
Plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you a hope and future!
Jeremiah 29:11

I feel like I have heard and read that verse a lot in my christian life. It's one of those inspirational verses you put in cards for graduates or people moving. But now that I don't know the plan, that verse is especially powerful to me.
For the first time in longer than I can remember, I don't know what I am doing tomorrow. I make plans for everything. Plans for dinner, plans for the weekend, a day planner for work, a calendar for events. I have planned my life so well, that I planned God right out of it.

And now he's says,
"Amanda, my child, only I know the plan for you. And it's good and it is better than you could imagine. Stop planning, stop doing and listen. I'm right here. You're not alone and I love you and will provide for you. Do not worry. Stop trying to budget everything down to the penny. You will have enough bread. Why do you read my stories of miracles and still not trust that I can move mountains with a whisper?"


"So Amanda, don't worry about everyday life-whether you have enough food,drink and clothes. Doesn't life consist of more than food and clothing?
Look at the birds. They don't need to plant or harvest or put food in barns because your heavenly Father feeds them. And you are far more valuable to him then they are.
Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? Of course not.
And why worry about your clothes? Look at the lillies and how they grow.
They don't work or make their clothing,yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers, won't he more surely care for you? YOU HAVE SO LITTLE FAITH!
So don't worry about having enought food or drink or clothing. Why be like the pagens who are so deeply concerned about these things? Your heavenly Father already knows all your needs, and he will give you all you need from day to day if you live for me and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern.
So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries.
Today's trouble is enough for today. "

Love,
Jesus

No comments: