Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Golden Ladle will stay!



WE ARE NOT FOR SALE!!
The Raleigh prayer worked! We found out on Monday that Mike got one of the possible promotions in NC. I am so excited for him and opportunities this will bring. We feel that God spoke and we need to listen.
So, the golden ladle (had to be at the Superbowl party) will be past for another year! We are really excited to stay.
It was a roller coaster ride because we understand that this decision effects so many people and we really wanted to put our own desires aside and focus on where God wants us. For now, it's Raleigh! Thank you for all your prayers, advice and patience. We have a wonderful family in Ohio and Raleigh. We love you all so much and are so thankful to share life with you!

5 comments:

Kim Smith said...

Yay!!! That is awesome, Amanda! Congrats to Mike! I'm glad that you are staying. You two are wonderful!

Dana E. said...

YAY!!! John told me the good news this morning too! I guess our curse is broken since you guys seem to be one of our very close friends who have not moved away after all! :)

I'm so happy !!

joye said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Diana said...

Hip Hip Hoorayyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Glad you all are sticking around, we think you're GREAT@@@

Mandy said...

I did read this the other day...but I am so far behind on comments! YAY girl...I am glad you are staying! You will be around to meet Smith Boy #2 now!! haha