Thursday, October 27, 2011

Tales of Motherhood and updates :)

Hello Bloggy World!
Unfortunately, blogging has not made my to-do list in a little while, we here is a quick update about the Life of the Baumann's followed by a very amusing sleep deprivation story!
  • Anderson is 4 month's old and amazes me every day. Wow do I love that kid! He is picking up his head like a turtle and it cracks me up. He is also very wiggly and is now a two handed hold- he can turn his head to look at things and does so a lot!
  • We have started the teething process and it's slow and tiring. Poor little guy, he doesn't seem to be in pain, but he wakes up a lot at night, eats his hands off, drools has a stuffy nose and puts everything in his mouth. We have found some relief from the fussiness with the Baltic Amber necklace as well as some organic tablets that seem to take the edge off.
  • He is a thumb sucker and it's pretty darn cute. No wonder people like pacifiers so much. He would never take one, but as soon as he found his thumb it soothes him right away.
  • Mike is back at the gym and loving it! His work load has ease up a little bit and the MI territory is no longer his so his overnight trips are less too! Yay!! We love having him home and Anderson just can't get enough of his daddy.
  • I am busy planning new mommy groups, organizing Guest Services for Venue Church, entertaining many out of town guests and really enjoying being a mom. I love rainy days where we can stay home, lay in our pj's and play. I told Mike "i think I want a football team!" :) My purpose as a mother brings me so much joy right now.
So on to my awesome story (Mandy thought it was blog worthy, you can decided):
My brother need me to watch my nephew Brady while his normal sitter went to take a mid-term. No prob, I can be at your house at 10am. So yesterday morning, while Anderson was taking his mid-morning nap, I diligently prepared his diaper bag, got myself ready, made my lunch and was ready to scoop him up when he woke up. He ended up sleeping til 9:20, of coarse need to eat, change and I finally got us both in the car at 9:45. I still was going to make it on time, but I really wanted to leave by 9:40 so I didn't have to rush. I put the car in reverse and CRASH! I'm thinking, did Mike leave something behind my car? I get out, and it dawns on me that I didn't let the garage door go up all the way before I back out. My car had bent the last panel of the door out of the track. I started freaking out because I couldn't get my car out of the garage with the door down like that. Picture me, pull the door as hard as I can out of the garage- it didn't budge. So I called Mike, started crying the ugly cry and then it dawned on me that I wasn't going to make it to my brother's at all. So long story short, she ended up dropping Brady off at my house on her way to school (why didn't we do this in the first place) and $100 later our garage door works. Mike had to glue on the top fin to the back of the car, but other than that it's good too. I can laugh about it now, but the ugly cry came out with a vengeance. Surprisingly, it felt good and once Brady got here we had a great time playing.
Another one of God's crazy lessons about control, stress and balance- I'm working on it but I may have to park in the driveway for a few more weeks! :)

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Your forgot the best part.. the construction workers watching you while all of this happened :) haha

thanks for making me laugh that morning and this week when we talked! I am SO blessed to be able to share motherhood with you and all the ups/downs that go along with it. I can't wait to have even more free time to catch up on silly stories and what God is doing in our lives together soon!! love ya friend!